Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) is a vocational skill-building program for eligible students’ ages 14-22 years old. Pre-ETS is funded through the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC).
The goal of the Pre-ETS program is to help students explore career options and prepare for future vocational endeavor through participating in one or more of the 5 core components.
Employment Counselors meet with students on a weekly basis either at school or virtually using Cisco WebEx.
- American Sign Language
- Cape Verde Creole
- Haitian Creole
Job Exploration Counseling:
- Workshops on careers and required skills, career ladders, and interest inventory.
Work-Based Learning Experience:
- Opportunity to job shadow, complete informational interviews, and volunteer
Counseling in Post-Secondary Education Programs:
- Counseling and guidance about options upon exiting high school
Work Readiness Training:
- Development of transferable work skills
Instruction in Self-Advocacy and Mentoring:
- Peer Mentoring, development of individual advocacy skills, and rights and responsibilities
Potentially Eligible (PE) Students:
All referral documents will be forwarded to the Pre-ETS Program Coordinator at Tempus Unlimited. The Pre-ETS Program Coordinator will contact student/family to provide additional information about the program and explain next steps in the process.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Students:
- MRC Counselor refers student to Pre-ETS Program at Tempus Unlimited.
Potentially Eligible Process
- During the Initial Intake Meeting, Employment Counselor will review required paperwork with student/family and request signatures.
- After all paperwork is signed, Pre-ETS Program Coordinator will submit Pre-ETS referral MRC to request approval of services. Once student is approved for services from MRC, the student can begin the Pre-ETS Program.
Vocational Rehabilitation Process:
- MRC and Tempus will coordinate an Initial Intake meeting with student/family to review required paperwork and request signatures on documents.
- After all paperwork is signed, student is ready to begin the Pre-ETS Program.
Important Pre-ETS Forms