FAQs: EVV Devices
What Kind of Device Do I Need for EVV?
To use the EVV system, Consumers must have access to a device with a web browser, such as a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone. PCAs must have access to a smart device that can download the EVV App, such as a tablet or a smartphone.
Can I Use My Own Device for EVV?
Yes! Most Consumers and PCAs will use their own devices for EVV. If you are a PCA, you will need a smart device, such as a smartphone or tablet. If you are a Consumer or Surrogate, you will need a device with a web browser, such as a laptop computer, desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
How Do I Know if the EVV System Will Work on My Device?
The EVV system has been designed to work the vast majority of devices.
As a reminder, PCAs will need a smart device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to use the EVV App. Consumers will need a device with a web browser, such as a laptop computer, desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet, to use the EVV Portal.
Please see specific requirements below:
|Computer||Windows, Mac OS||Any modern browser will work (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox)|
|Smartphone / Tablet||iOS(Apple)||Version 10.0 or higher.|
|Smartphone / Tablet||Android Operating System (Google)||Version 6.0 (aka Marshmallow) or higher|
What is an EVV Device Voucher?
If you do not have a device to use EVV, or if you are not comfortable using your own device, MassHealth will provide you with a voucher for one free smart device.
Here are some key facts about the EVV Device Voucher:
- The device voucher is optional. You are NOT required to request a device through Tempus FI. You can use the EVV system on your own device, without requesting one from Tempus FI.
- You can only redeem your voucher when it us your turn to start using EVV.
Note: You will know when it’s your turn to start using EVV when you receive an EVV Onboarding Packet from Tempus FI. If you have not received your Onboarding Packet, you cannot request a device yet.
- You cannot choose which device you receive. The device will be provided by Tempus FI.
- The device will be a basic smartphone only. It will not come with any type of data, texting, or call plan.
- Once you redeem a device voucher, the device is your responsibility. It should not be returned to Tempus FI or MassHealth, even if you leave the PCA program. The device is not the property or responsibility of Tempus FI or MassHealth.
- MassHealth will only provide you with ONE It will not be replaced, regardless of the reason. If your device is broken or stolen, it will not be replaced.
- Devices are requested through Tempus FI. After you request a device from Tempus FI,
- If Tempus accepts your request, it will take 2-3 weeks for your device to arrive in the mail.
How Do I Redeem a Device Voucher?
If you have received your Onboarding Notice, you can request a device by clicking here.
What Device Does the Voucher Provide?
Several makes and models of devices will be used for the device voucher program. All will use the Android operating system and will work with the EVV system. You cannot choose which device you receive.
How Do I Get Help with My Device?
If your device is not working properly, please contact the device manufacturer. Unfortunately, Tempus FI cannot provide tech support for device-specific issues. To see a list of manufacturer contact information, please click here.
If you redeemed a device voucher through Tempus FI, but there was a delivery issue, please contact Tempus FI .
If you are experiencing a problem with the EVV App or Portal, please contact Tempus FI .